Paul Franklin Loses It

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Days Until Mt. Everest Climb: 140 - Preparations

I stayed in the heart of the city the other day. It was surprisingly easy to rack up

14,000 steps on my pedometer. I parked 2 miles from my hotel and where my meetings were held and walked between. It was a great walk with a 20 lb. duffel bag, plus a backpack full of computers, etc.

I then took a 2.5 hour evening jog/walk around the city. Excellent excercise! I love Chicago. 10 miles. CHECK! It's hard to do that in the burbs just going to work. On an average day of NOT working out, it's easy for me to only go 800 steps.

Today I was dragging. I had to kick my own ass to work out this evening. My wife's Aunt passed away last week, so it changed my routine and workouts a bit. (i.e. I didn't find time to do the Les Mills combat.) Tonight I kicked my own ass. No excuses. 60 minute kickboxing, plus a light jog.

It all went pretty well. I need to up the anty and keep making it harder. I added some abs, too.

And I've switched to decaf. No caffiene for me anymore. I have been weaning myself for a while because I want my body to work on its own accord. Though I'll miss caffiene, I'm hoping that after a while I won't miss it. ... Maybe even dislike it. Before I drank coffee for the first time at a wee age, I had all the energy I needed. I can resume that physical positioning and might even live to tell about it.


I've had a ton of support lately coming in. I'm very happy that it is picking up. Lifestart Fitness of Oakbrook and Kumon North America are running fund raisers for me and to get the word out about Neuroblastoma. Excellent cause! Thank you to both companies for doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment