Paul Franklin Loses It

Friday, April 24, 2015

139 Days Left. - My Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Oatless Oatmeal

I received this recipe from one of my Kumon Instructors. It's gluten free and a great protein boost for your day. It's heavy on the nuts and the banana makes all the difference. I usually double this and it'll last me for 4 breakfasts.

The below recipe is for (2) servings (344 calories per serving)

Oatless Oatmeal

Bowl 1
3 eggs (mixed)
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1 T Almond Butter
1/2 Banana (Mash it up!)

Once all wet ingredients are in the bowl, mix it well! I usually put them in the food processor for a short time to ensure they're well blended.

Bowl 2
1/4 Cup Raw Almonds
1/4 Cup Raw Walnuts
2T Ground Flax Seed
1/4 tsp AllSpice.

Mix these ingredients together. I also usually put these in the food processor, too. This is the base for your 'oatmeal', so smaller pieces work well.

Finally, using a Large Frying Pan on medium heat, mix bowl 1 and 2 together in teh hot frying pan. Continue to stir, mix, scrape, and turn over the pan until it is the consistency of oatmeal.

Enjoy! I've kept it in the fridge for a week and it was still good. I recommend making this in bulk on Sunday night and eating it for breakfast before work throughout the week. It works great!

_____________________________________

Today: I ran a mile and did 30 minutes of PLYO; Les Mills Combat Cardio. Even though the workout gets harder everyday, I'm always able to push a little more than I could the day before.

Weight: 229
139 Days Until I climb Mt. Everest
PANT SIZE: When I began this journey in February, I was size 40. Now I'm size 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment