Paul Franklin Loses It

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Weight: 241 - Running to Audio Books. Mt Everest Training

196 Days until I climb Everest!

I'm currently 241 lbs. and dropping. Yesterday was a 'sick' day. I could barely move from being ill... today is much better. Therefor: 

Tonight I pushed myself to run & jog without stop. I kept pushing my treadmill incline up until I could get to 10. At some point, I was jogging at 10 incline jogging about 4.5 mph. I couldn't hold it for more than a minute, which reminds me how out of shape I am. Overall, I ran about 3 miles & walked another 2. I must make it to Mt. Everest. (http://www.bodyresults.com/climbing-everest-training.asp)

I've sprinkled in some Jillian Michael's 90 Day Fitness so that I'm not just running/walking on a steep incline the entire time. Only 196 days left!

On a positive note, my jeans are looser.
_______________

Breakfast consisted of the egg Muffins. (Recipe on my prior post.) Lunch was a ham sandwich with nuts on the side. Dinner was a homemade goulash.
_______________

I'm thinking of getting a weight vest. When I'm trekking, I'll most likely have a 35lb pack on. Therefore, I'm hoping to train in a 50lb. vest. When it comes time for Everest, I want the hike to seem like a leisurely stroll in the park and not something I need to work for. Therefore, training must take me to places more difficult than the actual task. (Here is an article that discusses it: http://www.bodyresults.com/articles/better-shape-than-guide.asp)

I've been browsing on Amazon and reading reviews, but I would love to wear a vest or an elevation training mask that has been sponsored. I would love to test it out and relay to others my findings. I believe I'll start emailing companies tomorrow.
_______________

Audio Books:
While training, I have taken the opportunity to listen to Audio Books. In addition to the most recent Malcolm Gladwell books, I have gone back to historical books that I never read as a chlid... The Hobbit, A Wrinkle in Time, and other books that I have found through my Library's online catalog. (I found it all through the Overdrive App.)

_______________

Also a special shout out to Chung Liu who donated $50 to me! Chung is an exceptional artist. Check out some of his stuff here: http://mastakojo.tumblr.com/ He donated $50 to http://www.gofundme.com/everestorbust.  Thanks, Chung!
_______________


No comments:

Post a Comment