Paul Franklin Loses It

Monday, February 23, 2015

Weight 247: Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffin Recipe

204 days left!

I've been all cardio since I started this routine. Today I took a break and did a Jillian 90-Day Body Revolution. I'm pooped! It's a great circuit (full-body) workout. I may begin adding this to my routine. It worked well for me in 2013 when I began a similar weight-loss routine and I was able to drop 25 lbs. in about a month.

These have been my breakfasts this week. I pre-made them on Sunday and they last for most of the work-week. Delicious & quick. My breakfast is two of these.

Items Needed:

* Muffin Tray
* Bowl to fit 12 eggs & some veggies
* Cheese cloth or strainer to remove extra liquid
* Food processor (only if you don't feel like cutting the peppers & onions by hand.)
* Cookie Cooling Rack
* 1/4rd cup measuring cup.

Ingredients:
* 12 Eggs
* 1/2 Red Pepper (80g)
*1/2 Yellow Pepper (56g)
* 1/2 small onion
* 1 Tbs of Olive/Coconut oil (for muffin pan.)
* 1oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
* Salt & Pepper to Taste

Directions:
Place Onions and Peppers in a Food processor and process until they are in bite-size pieces. (or cut into small pieces by hand.) Using a Cheese Cloth or paper towel, remove excess moisture from freshly diced veggies. (If you do not remove the water, the egg muffins will become soggy. Further, if they are too soggy--- saute' the veggies after cutting them. Keep in mind that this will soften them and change the texture of your muffin.)

In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and then stir in veggies.

Using 1/4 measuring cup, fill muffins with 3/4 mixture.

Once filled, sprinkle cheese atop the muffins. (This is also where I have inserted asparagus or other veggies into the muffins.)

BAKE at 350 for about 20 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean. Once completed, place on a cooling rack.

Each muffin is 72 calories, 5g fat, 0.9g carbs, and 5.7g protein. 

Enjoy!

Mix it up! Add some spinach (just make sure it's pre-warmed and not wet), or Swiss Cheese.

If you want more & wish to support my trip to Mt. Everest this year, please visit: http://www.gofundme.com/everestorbust

No comments:

Post a Comment