Paul Franklin Loses It

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weight 232. Hypothesis on Using a Highly Rated Weight Loss Cleanse System

I lost my first 30'ish lbs doing Jillian Michael's program. I liked it. It worked well and in the long-term I felt good. Unfortunately, I eventually felt comfortable enough with my weight where it was very easy for me to give up the program before my ultimate goal. I've since jumped between 214 and 230lbs, averaging about 223. I hit 232 & decided I better get back on the horse.

When I hit 220 a few months ago, I was relieved and delighted. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I came across a photo of the scale that I sent my wife with the quote "OMG, 220! I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS BIG. I feel so uncomfortable" that I realized I've fallen off track. I realized that at some point being uncomfortable became comfortable and my norm. That's not right. I adapted to the weight I didn't like because the weight became a routine & a constant.

I realize body size, muscle mass, etc. is more of concept of 'healthy weight' than an actual weight. I swim or work out during my lunch hours @ work, but my treadmill is the elephant in the room on the weekends.

I'm feeling okay, I just want clothes to fit better and once I shed a few inches/lose some weight, I'll feel better, clothes will fit better, etc. I have a bit of extra weight that I would love to shed.

I want to be college weight again.

SO here we go. I'm 5'11, 232 lbs. Time to lose the other 30lbs.

My hypothesis: If I can lose the weight, I can maintain it. If I lose 30lbs on a well-balanced 'shake' diet, then i'll be able to maintain the weight once it's off because I can go back to eating healthy & good habits.

Whatever the case, I'll be dropping weight then reintroducing good /organic foods. Do people gain weight back because they get lazy and go back to old habits or because their metabolism bottoms out after they start eating again? I'll find out.

I'm going to do a cleanse for a month, which has had great success with others, and then I'll see where this takes me.

This is a decent cleanse program that my family and friends have used. While in the office today, I found out that others have used it with success. 
---------------------

I'm going to put this into effect as of... LAST NIGHT.

Weighed in a few minutes ago: 228 lbs. 4 lbs down!

This 'cleansing' was good. I'm feeling good today.
-------------------

I'll tell you more about this mystery cleanse/diet in my next post. So far, it's working. I've known other people who have done it and they have done pretty well. I figured I may as well try it & report back how it goes. Good and bad.

It consists of shakes, pills, and liquid during the day. At night is a real meal, but specific according to their diet. Before bed, a few more pills.

ps. I am caffeine sensitive, so this cleanse contains no caffeine. (It's also soy & gmo free.)

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment