Paul Franklin Loses It

Monday, November 13, 2017

Weight 251: Ready for Disappointment?


1/17/17:
Since the Everest debacle, I've toned down my adventuring. I've gained weight (now @ 251) & more sadly, lost so much muscle tone. I feel like I have been bumbling through; working my day job and falling in line with the rest of you 9-5ers.

I was up to 256 & decided enough was enough... Over the last month I've gone done 5 lbs; which equates to one night of binge pizza eating.

My creativity has dropped significantly and I feel dull. This isn't a depression or a slump; it's more of a dulling that many people assume is age or dulling by an uneventful life.

I haven't dove in over a year and I haven't been active.

This needs to stop.

As of today--- this should stop. I need to be alive again.

I made a week of food for the family. It's here sorted out into snacks, lunches, breakfasts, etc.

Let's see what happens.
_____________________
11/17/17 - Update:

The above motivation lasted about a week.
It's now November and my heaviest was 257. (I hit it sometime in August.) I've probably lost MORE muscle tone.

As of 10/28/17, I began seeing a fitness/nutrition coach who is trying to kick my ass through emails and texting. I have a meal plan & a workout plan. I'm down to 245, but my goal is to get fit and hit about 220. I want abs again.

I'm curious if my bit of a pot belly will disappear & leave me with extra skin or if it'll shrink back to size. None the less,  I hope this turns me around. My next big hike will be the Appalachian Trail when I turn 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment